This weekend, I've had a bunch of moments where I thought "I need to put that on my blog", but it's been so busy, I didn't get a chance. Now I'll probably forget some of them...
Friday, Luke & Katie had basketball. I usually don't like going to watch basketball, but this year has been pretty fun. I think that's a combination of having friends playing on the same team, so I have parents to talk to, Luke is pretty good this year, so I can cheer for someone scoring baskets, Katie is new to basketball, and seems so small out there so is funny to watch, and Troy loves being in the gym, bouncing basketballs on the sidelines. Katie was really funny this week. She was really distracted by the other kids practicing. Her coaches would give an explanation of a drill they were going to do, and you could tell by watching her that she wasn't listening at all. Then, when it was her turn, they'd have to call her a couple of times, because she'd be looking around the gym.
The worst part about basketball this year - there's a kid named Jeremiah on the team, so I go home singing "Jeremiah was a bullfrog" each week.
After basketball, I stopped by the University to pick up Jordan, and then we headed out to Janine's for her Christmas party. I made sure not to eat dinner, so I could eat all her good treats! I chatted with some people, and tried to keep Troy out of trouble. He really liked the fact that he could reach food on the table (although I don't think he could see it, he could just reach up and get whatever was on the edge.)
Saturday was a crazy day. Brent was competing in his first track meet and last wrestling meet of the season. Luckily, they were both in the Jack Simpson gym at the university. Luke also had gymnastics right next door, so got to hang out with us the rest of the day. I was worried that Brent might have to run and wrestle at the same time, but it all worked out ok. Luckily, both meets were really well organized. Track meets are amazing. They tell you what time you will be running your races, and run really close to the schedule. The only conflict was at the medal handouts for wrestling. Brent was running his last race, so Luke went to get his medal (silver). He got to stand on the podium!
On Saturday night, I finally went to buy a Christmas tree, to buy the fake one that died on us last year. It was time for that one to go, it had been knocked over one too many times, and was really crooked as a result. No one was too upset when it finally fell apart when we took it apart last year. I found a tree that I really liked at Rona. I almost bought it the other day, but couldn't find anyone to help me load it in a cart, and was carrying Troy at the time, so couldn't do it myself. But, while I was waiting at Customer Service forever, I noticed a pamphlet about customer appreciation on Saturday, where they were giving out $10 gift cards, for every $100 spent. So, lucky I had bad customer service, so I could save $$$ on my tree.
Sunday morning started out good, at about 10:30 everyone was almost ready for church, just needed the last minute things like shoes and ties. Then, I realized that it was really snowing out, which means that Brent was supposed to be at the church - NOW - to shovel snow. So, I tried hurrying everyone up, then got out to the van and found out that the roads were slippery (of course), and traffic was slow, so we didn't get there until 5 or 10 minutes before church. On the way, I told the kids - in my ideal world, the young men's leader would think "Look, it's snowing, and Sis. Bester's at home getting 5 kids ready for church, I bet she can't suddenly get everyone ready 1/2 hour early, I'll give her a call and pick up Brent to come do the sidewalks." Didn't happen, but I can always hope!
Things went well until the end of my primary class. I had a bunch of visitors, so had about 6 or 7 kids in my class. They were all great kids, listening, answering questions. I had just set them up to play a game, when Troy made a funny noise, and started puking! Not just little baby spit up, but big time stomach flu hurling! I didn't want to have to clean carpets for the next hour, so I sacrificed his blanket, to catch what he didn't get all over his clothes. I got the kids to open the windows, and move to back of the room, then noticed that we only had five minutes left, so sent them back early to the primary room. Then, I used wipes to clean Troy, and the floor, and stripped him down to his diaper! Then, I went to the primary room, where most of the junior primary was in the hallway, and caused a big scene while the kids all yelled "He's naked!", and wrapped him in Luke's jacket. Thanks Luke!
Of course, this would be the only week that I didn't bring a backup outfit to church. Also, we made the kids clean out the van, so no extra blankets or clothes in there. Luckily, they didn't do the best job ever, so they missed Katie's T-shirt. So, Troy had something to wear for the rest of Church. (Nothing but your T-shirt on... sorry if you know this song, now it can be in your head, better than Jeremiah). Anyways, by this time, with the weather, I decided there wasn't enough time to go home with Troy, so I went to the last part of our Visiting Teaching Conference. The cool part was Mike was there to give a message from the Bishop, so I got to sit with him.
After church, we set up the new tree, and then decorated it. It looks great.
Resolution Win!
-
I have a binder full of my favourite recipes that started with some given
to me by my mom. Over the years, I've updated that book -- the bonus is
that I h...
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment