Brent got his Learner's License today! It was his first time taking the test, and the lady at the registry said that she rarely sees anyone pass on their first try.
So, after that, we drove over to the Church parking lot, for lesson # one from me. I taught him things like how to adjust the mirrors, and where the signal light is, and thought, "This isn't so bad. I'm such a great teacher, and so calm." But, then I had to let him turn the key in the ignition, and my teaching skills degraded to "Slow down! Oh wait, you're only going 10 km/h."
We did a few loops around the empty parking lot, so he could learn what the van feels like, and how to turn it around corners, and how to drive and turn on the signal light at the same time, and then my nerves were shot, and we traded seats, and I drove us home.
However, unlike when I tried teaching David, Brent didn't give up and walk home!
Resolution Win!
-
I have a binder full of my favourite recipes that started with some given
to me by my mom. Over the years, I've updated that book -- the bonus is
that I h...
12 years ago

2 comments:
So brave of you. I've already told James it's his job. It could easily end in kids walking home if I do it. Or me. Which would then be both. I'm going to tell Alex - and then maybe she'll finally (and at first I typed finely) get motivated to get hers. Oh...that's probably why Brent phoned and I forgot to pass on the message. I will now.
Just so you know, now at the age of two weeks to 15, I have my learner's liscence. So there.
Post a Comment