1. Mike got a set of tickets to the Flames vs Canadiens hockey game in February. Then he got another set, and then got invited to go with a parent. So, he ended up going with the parent, and the kids went as well (except for Troy of course). I was worried about if Katie would be totally bored, but I hear she had a great time. Of course, this is mostly due to the large amounts of money spent on treats, I think. Brent sat with her, and repeated back what she said to him, as they were leaving the Saddledome.
As they were leaving, she said to Brent, "where are we going?" He told her they were going home, because the game was over. She said, "What, the game's over????" Then, a while later, they were talking about what a great game, since the Flames won (by a lot), and Katie pipes up with, "What? The Flames won????" Then, a bit later, they were bugging Mike about the Canadiens losing, and Katie says "What? They were playing the Canadiens?????"
Not too sure what she did during the game...
2. Katie tells me many times about all the boys who like her at school. The latest quote: "I don't think they like me because I'm cute, it's because I'm SO FASHIONABLE!" Also, "My kids aren't going to laugh at my pictures when I'm old like you, because I'm so fashionable." (I didn't have the heart to tell her that a. the things that are in those pictures were fashionable at the time, and b. I'm the one who buys her clothes.
3. To me (comparing me to her teacher): "Mom, you're funny, but not nearly as funny as Mrs Johnson!"
Resolution Win!
-
I have a binder full of my favourite recipes that started with some given
to me by my mom. Over the years, I've updated that book -- the bonus is
that I h...
12 years ago

1 comment:
#1 reminds me of my kids... I don't know what they're thinking half the time. Makes you wonder why you take them anywhere if they don't pay attention.
Didn't Ferris Bueller say something about life passing you by if you don't pay attention?
Post a Comment